Sergii Kuzyara: 10 objectives of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council
Expansion of the regional business presence in the Business Council, intensification of contacts with Chinese counterparts operating in Ukraine, and active influence on the work of intergovernmental bodies, which should simplify the conditions for business in China and Ukraine, are the strategic goals of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council.
On October 22, 2018, I had the honor to chair the Ukrainian part of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council. I consider such an advisory body to be the key to improving business communications between the two countries and will do my best to make this work as effective and efficient as possible.
The states of Ukraine and China are very different from each other, but this difference makes potential cooperation between us so promising. The very business expertise is what will make the bilateral intergovernmental programs and projects the most realistic. Ukrainian business once again confirms its willingness to work on the development of official documents and dialogue, which will ultimately lead to the growth of the economies of both countries.
In the near future we are planning:
- after a long break to hold a joint meeting of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council. From now on, our work will not depend entirely on the schedule of meetings of the Intergovernmental Commission on cooperation between Ukraine and the People's Republic of China and high visits of heads of the states;
- to deliver a presentation of promising Ukrainian investment projects and production cooperation projects for Ukrainian and Chinese business;
- to organize a large-scale study of the possibilities of Ukrainian business agencies interested in cooperation with China and ready to ensure their presence in the territory of the People's Republic of China;
- finally, to achieve the establishment of the Trade Representative Office of Ukraine in China. We hope that the state will provide the official status of the trade representative office, and the business - the presence of its specific export and import or investment interests on site;
- to make a presentation of the possibilities of the UCBC in the regions of Ukraine, or to involve regional companies as much as possible;
- to develop and implement a program for the development of partner relations between the regions of Ukraine and China, to create and consolidate the regions business interaction system within the framework of interregional relations at the state level;
- to finally form an effective agency within the UCBC, in particular, cooperation committees. For example, the Tourism Committee, which would include Ukrainian tour operators and travel agencies, as well as the energy committee, agrarian committee and others. Committees will have quite specific tasks, for example, the legislative regulation of the mode of the Chinese group travel to Ukraine, solution to the radical expansion of the list of Ukrainian agricultural products with export permits to the People's Republic of China etc.
- to send representatives of the Business Council to the Great Intergovernmental Commission on cooperation between Ukraine and the People's Republic of China;
- to hold a joint meeting of the members of the Coordination Committee of our Business Council and the leadership of the Interparliamentary Relations Group with China of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- to ensure the entry of representatives of the Business Council to the Council of Exporters and Investors at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
It may seem at first we have a huge layer of work, but all members of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council and those who hope to join us in the near future are aware of the economic prospects that the Chinese market is opening up to us. At present, the economic potential of cooperation is completely unused, despite enormous opportunities and efforts. We set ourselves an ambitious task for our own contribution to the growth of the Ukrainian economy and the most effective cooperation with Chinese counterparts.
Chairman of the Ukrainian part of the Ukrainian-Chinese Business Council